Friday, March 20, 2009

Number 1!

Hola blogger amigos! Como estas?

Not gonna lie, my Spanish skills are awful so enough of that! So in case anyone was wondering, I have been extremely busy the past couple of weeks and have really not had any time to sit down and write (which I love to do). So I am sitting on a school bus heading to Ashland, VA for the state Science Olympiad tournament at Randolph Macon.

Introduction aside, I just wanted to talk about something great that has happened just recently. I have a really close friend that has been struggling somewhat with his spiritual life and he has confide in me to help in keeping him on track and holding him accountable to his quest to become closer to God. I will just start off my saying that I love this guy like a brother and wouldn’t want that to change for anything. 

Ok, so we have class together everyday, I am a junior and he is a senior, and I just sit back and do my work like always but, I have started paying a little more attention to his actions and interactions with others. Now instead of walking up to him in the middle of the class and telling him “hey man, I heard that word you just said, you should be ashamed of yourself...,” I get online and chat with him every night. We discuss everyday things as well as some things that he might want to change to portray himself as a more Christlike person and to not let his mind stray from the true goal that he is trying to achieve, growing closer and making God his #1 friend. The biggest problem that I have noticed that we have addressed is the desire to fit in. I personally have never really been in the “in crowd,” but I am fine with this, I am my own person and am happy with this. However my bro here has a desire to fit in which does not always bring out the best qualities in him. We have addressed this issue together and discussed ways to change it, and I am already seeing a change for the better!

I really love sitting and talking to him because not only do I get to help him, but it reminds me daily that I too need to stay a fully devoted follower of Christ. I truly encourage everybody that really wants to accomplish something to confide in a friend that you can trust will keep you on the right track, as this motivation can be the driving force that keeps you moving in the right direction. Friends can be a blessing and can help you get through each day even during you most trying times. . . . Got Friends?

Hey if you are reading this bro, just know that I love ya man and hope that we can work through this together and achieve you ultimate goal!