Monday, February 16, 2009

Hmmmmm . . .

It's late, so some of this may be a little jumbled, but here goes.

So, I have definitely had to make some very hard decisions over the last week or so, and these tough decisions have made me think, which is sometimes dangerous, about how I see other people. 

I have found that when looking at other people, I always tend to see them the way that others see them, and not looking at them through unbiased eyes.  I have really struggled with, but semi succeeded with the fact that I don't need to view people as being out to get me, or directing all negative comments at me.  It is the tendency of the human mind when in an excited state to over think comments and turn them all into negative and demeaning comments toward themselves. This can be a good thing in a high risk situation, but also can be a bad thing in a casual setting when the person is upset.

I guess that what I am getting at, is that if you are upset or mad at something / somebody, don't get angry at the person, yet address the problem and try to resolve it in a friendly and Christ like way. Also, know that you can not always be expected to handle tough situations alone.  TALK TO PEOPLE!  You have friends and they do want to help you.  Just ask.

I am speaking this from experience, and hope that everyone takes this advice to heart.  Thanks to all of my friends and adults who helped me with my decision this past week.  I love you all, and don't think that I could have made the good choice that I did with out you.

I heard a great speaker say onetime, that you may not know why God put you through what he did, but you will eventually, God will use your scars from your not so pleasant times to help others, and to better yourself

Tyler