Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life Update

So, in the past few months, the Governors School has seriously caused a bad BAD case of senioritis to set in early. I haven’t done anything productive recently. Now it’s exam time and I am afraid that I am going to feel my lack of preparation. But the one thing that I have acknowledged, is that it is my fault. I can not blame this on my teachers, and can’t ask God why he didn't bring me through. I slacked, now I am going to have to pay. My pastor post on his blog a few months back, something that I just kind of glanced over until just recently and this was the fact that you have to learn how to learn. Here is a little excerpt from that post:


During my senior year, one of my wise professors made the statement that “when you start a job, you won’t use 90% of what we have taught you. But we have taught you how to learn, and how to learn quickly.”


I think that I have just tried to breeze through the past couple of months and have not really been trying to learn to learn - If that makes any sense . . . . But I will be glad when the summer starts and I have time to clear my mind and really get some things taken care of. God has put some heavy things on my heart that I have been trying to avoid, and I know that eventually I am going to have to face them. It is truly going to be a relief to get them cleared up and have some time to do something FUN! Now I have to try to study for some final exams next week, so until next time, adios.