Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I Use

I was about to do this before my MacBook Pro's hard drive was erased last week, but now that I have finally reinstalled everything, I guess I will do it now.

MacBook's are absolutely amazing, and have some pretty neat software to go with them. Here is what I use

For my Twitter, I download a pretty neat little client from www.tweetdeck.com called . . .well . . .TweetDeck
It allows you to do all of the functions of Twitter in a handy little desktop application.



I also found this little app that allows you to rip movies from DVD and save them to your hard drive as well as burn to DVD call MacTheRipper.






















Now for pure entertainment, I found something called MacSaber that when active, you can move the whole MacBook around and it will respond by making light saber noises.







This last little widget is an amazing piece of work called iAlert U. This lets you arm your laptop with a password, and if someone tries to pick it up, remove power, close the lid, connect a device, or anything else of the sort, an alarm will go off, and the buit in iSight camera will take their picture and email it to you.








Mac computers are great!!  If you have any software suggestions for me please leave them in a comment!!