Saturday, November 22, 2008

Superman

Well, this kinda flows with the post I wrote on hero's, but anyways.... I was watching Superman last night and was struggling to maintain consciousness since I was so tired, but that is beside the point, I did however manage to stay awake long enough to see Clark Kent's dad look at him and say
"son, you were put here for a reason, and it was not to score touch downs..."
Well when I woke up this morning, I thought about that quote and realized that I am still not very certain what I am here for (although I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with football!). There have been a couple of times that I thought I knew my purpose but was wrong. I don't know if people ever truly and completely know or understand what their purpose in life is. I would just really hope that whatever my purpose is, that it is something that I like and could enjoy doing for the rest of my life. I guess for right now, I will just keep doing what I am doing, and continue to search as well as listen for what God has in store for me.

So, sometimes my inspirations in life come from everyday activities and tasks. But as you can see this one come from a movie, which lead to a very thought provoking time..... I guess that everyone should just listen more and try to comprehend more of what they hear on a daily basis, as it can really lead to an eye opening experience. Talk to you all again soon.