Thursday, November 20, 2008

English Project

So, right after I post all of the tips for a successful presentation, I realized that I didn't even follow a few of them! The problem that I found, is that even if you think that you know your audience . . . . .you don't! Some of the jokes that I implemented into my presentation that I thought were funny, were seen by others as a sort of lame joke……. So needless to say the first few minutes did not go well. Some of the other aspects of the project went well, some better than I expected!

I think that the reason for this was that all of the other projects that I have done have concentrated more on specific content versus actually entertaining and educating the class, and I have actually practiced these skills and fine tuned them to satisfy the needs of the class. So I think that the point of this is to say that no matter how good you think you are at presenting, presentation skill should always be practiced beforehand to a practice audience to be sure that you are both effective and well… humorous!


 

So everybody should leave comments for me since I just added Disqus to my blog!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

disqus isn't working yet. Have you turned off the comments in blogger?

Frances said...

I understood your jokes. Too bad a lot of other people didn't.