Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Up for a smoke??

Many times in life, as well as just a few minutes before I started writing this, I have been a victim of peer pressure. I looked through my bible just now and found a few different examples of peer pressure. The first being 1 Corinthian 15 33-34. It reads
Do not be misled:" Bad company corrupts good character". Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God-- I say this to your shame.

This really says to me that peer pressure is not a new thing. In my case, I was asked to do something that I highly disprove of. The next example that I found, was the apostle Peter. Because he was with the wrong group of people, he denied any knowing of Jesus. I pray that youth would look to the bible for inspiration and motivation in every day life. God can help us in our times of stress and confusion, and will always lead us to make the deciscion that in his eye is the correct one. This blog is my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts, and I would encourage others to not be afraid to voice their thoughts and feelings.