Thursday, December 11, 2008

No Good Deed


One question haunts and hurts
Too much, too much to mention:
Was I really seeking good
Or just seeking attention?
Is that all good deeds are
When looked at with an ice-cold eye


What is a good deed? The quote that you see above is from the song "No Good Deed" from the broadway musical WICKED. When you look at a deed that someone is doing with an unknowing perspective, it is easier to tell if what they are doing is actually an honest deed. When we do these things ourself, it is easy to make ourselves believe that it is a good deed when it really is not. When I heard this piece of the song, I really had to think about my perspective on good deeds. In our busy lives now it seems like we can get too easily caught up in the hustle and bustle of things and not realize the real meaning of what we are doing. So from now on, look at the activities that you do with open eyes, and truthfully ask yourself this: am I doing this for good or for good attention? Stop. Think. Do Good.

Once again, like I have said in a few of my other post's,  just listen to what is going on around you and spread the true meaning of life in everything you do.